Friday, March 16, 2007

Update



Just thought I'd give an idea of what the house will look like once built. Bear in mind that the site isn't that exposed, the house won't be as big, and we won't have the front entrance, but you should be able to get the general idea. We'll probably have to compromise on the glazing on the south facing wall, as I'd like to do it as cheaply as possible.

The floor plan is shown as well. It's still a work in progress but more or less what we want. You'll have to excuse the mess at the front (bottom) of the plan, as it's supposed to be a planter bed, but the software I use wouldn't allow me to show that (at least I haven't figured out how to do it anyway. Front rooms are open to the south which means they need no seperate windows for fire regulations. If you envision the Clerestory windows running from East to West where the internal partitions are, you can see that the rear of the house will get plenty of light. In fact, as far as I can tell, the only room without any light will be the toilet off the rear entrance (or half bath as they refer to it here) Even so, I think a solar tube (skylight) will sort that out.

No comments: