Monday, March 5, 2007

Good News and Bad News!

The Good News is that an X-ray taken today, shows a huge improvement in the Pneumonia, but still a shadow on the lungs, the doctor said this shows that the medication is working really well. Dr Ben also said this means I can go back to work next week.

The Bad News of course in all this, is that I do not get paid when I don't work. It is surprising when I get paid so little relatively, how much you notice when it is not coming in anymore. The additional issue here is that we will no doubt get a bill from the hospital, which makes me feel a real burden on our circumstances. When I return to work, I have to take care of myself, which means no extra hours trying to make up for all the money I have lost us.

There was an upside to things this past week, the Chamber of Commerce is requesting Resumes to be put forward to work for whomever they get to take over the building I currently work in. It is ideal for a Call Center, and the hope is that the COC can prove they have this database of people ready and waiting to work for them, so I have sent mine in and am very hopeful on that score.

I think we are just going into the last kick of winter here, and it is snowing again, we are due a much colder week. But then I think Spring will be here.

For us Spring will mean spending a lot of weekends up at the Lot, and taking Oliver up there to have a run in the woodland. My health will improve with spending more time out of doors. Things are progressing in the purchase of the land, is will apparently now be very straight forward, so we will soon own our little bit of Cape Breton Island.

I think it is worth a mention that we have found the lot on GoogleEarth, complete with mobile home they had there when they were carrying out the work, no longer there due to selling it. So we are able to see from the Ariel Views the extent of the land, all the way down to the river/lake frontage. The road goes through the lot and pretty much splits it in half, and we may let my (as in Gemma's) sister in Toronto have a cabin overlooking the water, as this is important to her. I think she may even call her little bit 'Green Acres', but we have to decide whether we approve of that or not.

We have been trying to think what we will name this house, as it will need more than it's civic number I feel to give it some personality. But we realise that we won't really be able to give it a name until we see it in the flesh so to speak and get a feel for what name fits. I feel a welsh name would be perfect, but this is a very Celtic region, so we have to leave it open for now, as in open to discussion.

To go back to GoogleEarth, we found both our homes in France, Rose Cottage in Liphook, and 250 Whitehorse Lane, you can almost see the deck we built in the garden it is so clear. It just shows us how far we have come in our 13 years together.

No comments: