Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Stroll in the Woods - Take 2!




A picture of a happy dog, and his hero.

Well considering I am still recovering my strength in all honesty, this was some hike. And being a woman and a wifey, I will say I was becoming a grumpy wifey towards the end of this mega stroll. I will not elaborate on the treck, only to say that much of it was forcing our way between trees, or being knee deep in snow when we were not. We did find what looks like a path around 6 foot wide, so we followed that for a bit, and then turned down towards where we thought the water would be. And it was quite steep and slippery in places, but then from 700 foot at the house site, the stream has to be down - logical really. This was no babbling brook, but a fast flowing stream, and although we went in the direction we thought it widened, we only found what looked like a wider section, and the stream divided around almost an island in the middle and continued on. So what we will need to do is check on Google Earth for the GPS coordinates of the pond, and then next time we do this, we will know exactly where we need to be going.

To add to this Oliver was missing for probably the last half hour, and then finally appeared. I have never been so glad to see this manky dog, he was so dirty, and when we got him in the bath when we got home, he had half the woodland in his feathering.. not good. What is good, is that we now have a very clean dog, a very sleepy dog, and having had his supper, a perfect hound truly. I love him to bits like this, but being his mummy I love him whatever he does, as long as he is not muddy getting in the car, or barking incessantly in the car. Today coming home he was too tired to bark, so a perfect dog, couldn't have wished for better. And Mummy was too tired to have a go at the dirty dog getting in the Dodge - but we did have a tarp on the seat, so not so bad. He is now curled up on the sofa, in a nest of cushions, more than slightly damp from him escaping from the bathroom before he was really dry. I think a photo of this hound might be in order.

So back to our day - when we arrived and the truck got stuck, we went up to the house site and I did my dowsing. I have been talking about this often, and then forgetting to take my pendulum with me when we have gone to the site. So as Jerry said I found two positive lay lines, one will be along the east - west axis of the house, and then another is quite wide and in parallel to this, and I think may end up being behind the house. The negative lay line is on the North - South Axis, and as a best guess will be just inside the bay that will be the kitchen/dining room/lounge.. so all we have to worry about is placement of furniture. The good thing about this is that we will not have to worry about the negative line being anywhere we would have a bed, as it is energy draining to be on a negative line for however long you are sleeping Every night.

So after the dog had his bath, mummy had a bath, and now I will have dinner, and probably fall asleep next to the dog on the sofa. Let's hope Jerry does not take a picture with me drooling in my sleep or something.

No comments: