Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No Job!

Sorry for the delay in updating, but I have been trying to get used to being home again, and trying to stay focused on finding a job.

I finally got an email from the company which I had an interview with the morning of a job fair in town. Basically saying they did not get the funding for the job, and it took them weeks to let me know, which annoyed me somewhat. Went to the job fair and they were there recruiting, although they said that they still do not have the funding now until July when they renew the current contract. When I got home from the job fair I went to a job site that I found out about at the fair, and the very job they do not have funding for was on the site, and this time with no mention of needing approval for funding, so unclear as to whether I was told the whole truth. I am someone who would rather be told that I was not suitable for the post, than to be given some hope that I may get the position later.

On the house front, Jerry has asked his current employer for a quote for the foundation for the Solar Saltbox house both with a foundation and without. Although we have pretty much decided to go with the without the foundation idea. The plans for the Solar Saltbox arrived, and we purchased software in order to be able to make the necessary changes to the plans to suit our needs.

Jerry is very busy at work, and is getting home later and later these days. The days are getting longer and they make use of them, and they are working to many deadlines on many houses, which means that will not improve. But after next week he should be getting paid for his work, as that is the last week of the placement. The fact that they are so busy will mean that the quote for the foundation will be later than expected too.

On the personal front, I am pretty much ready for my trip to Wales, I leave Cape Breton on Thursday of this week, and arrive home on our anniversary the 27th May. Both my sister and I are getting real excited about traveling together for the first time as adults, and going home to Mum together the first time in many years. This whole trip is also hard in some ways, as Jerry and I are pretty much joined at the hip apart from going to work, and this will be the first time away from him in many many years now.

When I get back, my focus will be back on searching for work, and also chasing up the quote for the foundation, as we do hope to be able to have the shell ready to move into before winter, so important to get this started soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who passions to try hot things. Presently I'm fabricating my personalized pv panels. I'm managing it all by myself without the aid of my men. I am using the net as the only path to acheive that. I encountered a very awesome website which explains how to contruct photovoltaic panels and so on. The website explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I'm not sure bout how precise the data given there iz. If some experts over here who had experience with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it would be awesome and I would really appreciate it, because I truly take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U guys rock.